Hi! I am Danielle Barash, a California state licensed and nationally certified speech-language pathologist. I have more than ten years of experience assessing and working with children with a variety of communication disorders and differences. I am a neurodiversity affirming therapist, which means that I value and embrace the brain variations that occur to provide each of us with our own set of unique strengths, needs, interests, and challenges. I firmly believe that genuine connection, trust, and motivation are fundamental requirements for successful therapy. I bring a positive, fun, and playful energy to my work to keep children engaged and motivated throughout our sessions. My approach to therapy is strengths-based, child-led, relationship-centered, and personalized. I love watching my clients develop more confidence and autonomy through our work together!
With many years of experience working in a multi-disciplinary early intervention program and school settings, I have had the pleasure of cross-training and collaborating with a variety of professionals. I welcome and encourage a team approach to therapy to ensure we are treating the whole child, prioritizing emotional regulation, and promoting generalization of skills.
I received my Bachelor’s Degree in Speech and Hearing Sciences from the University of Washington-Seattle and my Master’s Degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I maintain my Certificate of Clinical Competency and have an Award for Continuing Education from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA).
I make continuing education a priority. Some notable trainings include:
· Introduction to PROMPT (Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets) Technique
· Bridging PROMPT Technique To Intervention
· Kaufmann Speech To Language Protocol for Apraxia
· Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
· Coaching Parents In How To Play
· Natural Language Acquisition In Autism
· Social Thinking®
· Hanen More Than Words®
· Hanen It Takes Two to Talk®
· Routines Based Intervention and Coaching in Early Intervention
· Orton Gillingham Basic Language
· Assessing and Treating Dyslexia
· Connections Between Speech Sound Production and Literacy Skills
· Childhood Apraxia of Speech and Accompanied Reading and Writing Challenges
· Sensory Integration
West Los Angeles Los Angeles, CA 90064, United States