Founded in 1977. Mandate is to support people with all disabilities to live with dignity, independence & as equal and full participants in the community.
Disability Alliance BC is a provincial not-for-profit organization in British Columbia, Canada.
We acknowledge and have deep gratitude to work together on the unceded traditional territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓ əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Selíl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations of the Coast Salish people. We honour the many territorial keepers of the lands.
Our mandate is to support people with all disabilities to live with dignity, independence and as equal and full participants in the community.
We champion issues impacting the lives of people with disabilities through our direct services, community partnerships, advocacy, research and publications.
Our activities include:
* Assistance accessing income supports and other benefits for people with
* Programs and projects that respond to community need
* Workshops and training that build community capacity
* Self-help guides in reader friendly language and public legal education guides
for advocates and the general public.
* Working with a broad range of stakeholders
* Working to positively affect the lives of people with disabilities
605 Robson St, Vancouver, BC V6B 5J3, Canada