Little Sprouts Children’s Center is a private child development center located in Bangkok, Thailand. We provide clinical, developmental, and educational services to children of all abilities. Little Sprouts’ vision is that every child has the right to grow into a happy and confident young adult and every family has the right to learn and advocate to help their child thrive and grow.
Little Sprouts prides ourselves in our multidisciplinary team of experts, transdisciplinary framework, up-to-date knowledge, and fun, engaging, safe and positive learning environment.
The mission of Little Sprouts Children’s Centre is to provide an integrated, comprehensive and individualized program of interdisciplinary services for young children of all abilities. At the same time, we strive to empower families by providing information, skills, and support to help them better understand and advocate for the current and future needs of their child. Lastly, we also aim to provide leadership in the field of special needs intervention bringing together theory, research, and empirical evidence in the training of all levels of providers.
In the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and many other developed countries, the Best Practice Guidelines for developmental intervention have been developed from extensive literature reviews, empirical data, trial-and-error and program evaluations. Little Sprouts Children’s Centre employ these recommendations together with evidence on quality education and effective pedagogy as the larger framework for our model.
The 3 main principles of our model are:
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Multidisciplinary Collaboration & Family Involvement
- Holistic Approach to Development and Learning
And, in order to put these principles into work, we have developed 6 practice guidelines:
- Individualized Program
- Active Learning through Interactions and Play
- Safe, Supportive, and Positive Learning Environment
- On-going Data Collection and Program Evaluation
- Regular Professional Development and Team Meeting
- Partnership between Family, Schools, and Other Professionals
- Several approaches to developmental intervention, including but not limited to
- Applied Behavior Analysis(ABA), DIR/Floortime, Augmentative/Alternative
- Communication(AAC), Picture Exchange Communication System(PECS), Sensory
- Integration (SI), Social Thinking, Social Stories, Visual Schedule, and Hanen
- Methods, are integrated into one fluid intervention model. Each child’s program is individually designed based on his/her strengths, interests, challenges, and feedback from the family.
109/1 SOI THONGLOR 5, SUKHUMVIT 55, BANGKOK 10110